dinsdag 11 juni 2013

"I AM THE DESIGNER OF MY OWN CATASTROPHE"

Last monday I had my graduation solo, called "I am the designer of my own catastrophe". I designed and made the costume by myself. Inspired by a corset, but in a more skeleton way. I wanted it to be a sort of frame, as a from of purity. With the idea of the corset, that you are stuck or caught, in your own body or thoughts - like a fight with yourself. I wanted to show the audience the road (or search) to who I am right now. How do I see myself as a dancer and as a person, and put that on stage. It's not that I don't want to see things exactly as they happened, I just prefer them to remember them in an artistic way.
When I was making my costume for this solo, I didn't know if I was able to create this atmosphere I had in mind. But when I finished it, I was so proud with the result. Then I knew it, I want to do this in the future instead of dancing. I got this body from Topshop, and made the 'skeleton-skirt' with baleen. It's all hand made, it felt like I was making haute couture. Here are a few pictures of my solo, with my costume!

I passed everything, and got nice grades for my performance. At the moment I am graduated, and it feels so good. Ready to design all kind of crazy costumes and clothing. Vogue Academy, here I come!

With love, xoxo Alyssa





COSTUME DESIGNED+MADE BY ALYSSA KORAAG | PHOTO MADE BY AMAT BOLSIUS | LIGHT BY JAN VAN BREUGEL

3 opmerkingen:

  1. pretty little lady, i'm so proud. bisousxm

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Mooi gedaan meisje, ziet er tof uit. Zal wel lukken volgend jaar. Gr Dennis

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Den! Heb zo'n zin om te beginnen, helemaal happy!

      Verwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...